Potatoes (bolied & mashed)= 1/2kg
Slat= as per taste
Red chillies (crushed)= 1tsp
Black pepper: 1/2 tsp
Whole coriander= 1tsp
Cumin seeds= 1/2 tsp
Green chillies (chopped) 4-6
fresh coriander (chopped)= 1 bunch
Lemon juice: 4 tbsp
Plain flour (maida)= 1/2 kg
Baking Soda= 1/2tsp
Oregano seeds (it’s a herb) = 1/4 tsp
Jaggery (gorh) =2tbsp
Cooking oil= for frying
1) Mix mashed potatoes with salt, red chilli, black pepper, whole coriander, cumin, fresh coriander, green chillies and lemon jiuce. Refrigerate for 5-10 mins.
2) In a Saucepan, cook jaggery with 4 tablespoon of water for 2-3 minutes to make a syrup
3) Mix flour with salt, baking soda, oregano and jaggery syrup and knead into a hard dough with some water. Warp it in a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 10-15 mins.
4) Make small portions of the dough and stuff each portion with 1 tablespoon of potato mixture. Carefully fold up the edges with wet hands to completely cove the filling and press the edges together to seal. Refrigerate the kachoris for 10-15 minutes.
5) Wet your hands again and lightly press each kachori on your palm. In a wok, heat the cooking oil on medium heat for 3-5 minutes and deep fry the kachoris till golden brown.
6) Place them on a kitchen towel or absorbent paper.
7) Serve hot with green spice chutney or tomato ketchup